Monday, April 15, 2013

This I Believe

Today, in class, we listend to an audio reading of an essay a famous producer/director. (I forgot which one) He talked about how he really doesn't feel that he is living his life unless he is out of his comfort zone. He feel's as though he can not live a full and amazing life if he is not constantly pushing himself close to the edge.

I, to an extent, agree with this idea. I think that you will never experience new things if you are not pushing yourself. 

HOWEVER, sometimes pushing yourself too much can wear you down.

For instance:
I am absolutely terrified of heights, I am terrified of falling. I don't like feeling the large spike of adrenaline shooting through my veins. Skydiving is probably not a sport I should push myself to do. 

I think you can push yourself out of your comfort zone, but not too far--to the point where it is unhealthy for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment