Monday, March 18, 2013

It ain't easy being Coco.

Let me start off by saying that this project is actually a lot harder than I thought it would be.



If you haven't seen this photo already, this is Coco Chanel. I chose to recreate this image of her using myself as the model.


It was EXTREMELY difficult for George and I to figure out how the hell to do this one. This particular photo shoot took 2 hours. 
I have discovered quite a few things whilst trying to recreate this image.

1.Coco Chanel's arms are abnormally long. I couldn't pull my arm forward enough without turning my whole body around. 
2. If you turn your neck, it will get wrinkles. I have a small neck, and turning it at the slightest gave it the ugliest wrinkles. Thank god for photoshop.
3. Smoking is bad! 
4. There is no way she was actually looking directly at the camera, but close by it. As I tried to recreate this photo, I had to keep my body facing the wall, while pulling my right arm all the way around my body to hold the cigarette, while keeping my neck upright, my head forward and turned all the way to the left and my eyes still couldn't reach the camera, they just rolled into the side of my head. 

Yet...I cant wait to do more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment